Monday, February 2, 2009

The Best of Both

Today, I walked to the river.
I thought about my father and my mother.
I thought about how good I have had it.
I think I have received the best of both of them.

My father gave me his optimism, generosity, spontaneity, humor, the love for a good practical quote, math skills, the ability to make up a song quickly, outgoingness,
spelling skills, fast talk, and the ease of making friends.

My mother gave me her depth, creativity, desire to write, love of reading, love of majestic music, humor, the love of a good spiritual quote,
the ability to have longterm friendships, the love of nature, the desire to have time alone, the love of family, and the love of God.

I know it may look like I am boasting and perhaps I am. But
I am aware that everything I have has been given to me from Heaven.
I am aware that Heaven gave me two wonderful people to be my parents and that the combination of who they are helps make up who I am today.

I'm sure they didn't do everything right.
Nobody does. That's why we have a Redeemer.
But they did alot of things right and those things are what I remember.
And for this my heart is full and my cup runneth over.

No comments: