Friday, February 27, 2009

Comforter

Jesus promised that He would not leave us comfortless. He promised to send us another comforter, the Holy Spirit. He promised that He would never leave us or forsake us. We cannot find His physical body here, but He is closer to us than He could be if He was still with us in body. He is within and He is our comfort. He is our Comforter.

My physical heart is within me. It keeps me alive. I don't think about it much. I just live. My living gives life to others. I don't have to try hard to be alive. I just let me heart do its work.

Even so, Christ, through the Holy Spirit is within me. He keeps me alive. I don't think about it much. I just live. His life in me gives life to others. I don't have to try hard to comfort others. I just let The Comforter do His work.

It takes more effort to hold back the flow of God than it does to let Him flow. We think we cannot do it. We think we don't have what it takes to help another. So, we shut down His flow. We think it is ours. We think it is our energy. But it's not.

We do not stop the beating of our heart around those who need us.
Why do we stop the flow of the Comforter to those who need us?
Why not let His heart beat within us?
Why not let His mercy flow?

No comments: