Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gems from My mother's Journal

Ps. 59:12a~The sin of their mouth is the word of their lips. Too often this is my case. But David goes on to say: v.16a~But I will sing of Thy strength, and will sing aloud of Thy righteousness in the morning~v.17~I will sing to Thee, O my strength~And I thought-'This is my answer~sing when you are tempted to sin with your lips.' But you can't do that when you are talking to someone.

We may be in a bad situation as the Jewish exiles were, because of our choices, not because of God's. Even so, we need to make the most of that situation, pray for it and those also involved just as the Lord told Jeremiah to tell the exiles in Jer.29:5-7~Build houses~plant gardens~bear sons and daughters~seek the welfare of the city~pray to the Lord for its welfare, etc. Then this beautiful statement to a fallen people. v.11~For I know the thoughts I think concerning you,~~, thoughts of peace and not of hurt, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: