Saturday, February 28, 2009

Freeman's Archives~Take Fourteen~age 3

Freeman put his cap on and said, "I look perfect."

Freeman saw rabbit guts. "This looks terrible," he exclaimed.

Everytime we've prayed lately, Freeman adds,"By the power of your blood and your death on the cross."
I asked him who taught him that prayer and he said, "Ollie did."
Ollie is Phil's mother's brother; Freeman's Great Uncle Ollie. We lived on his property and saw him often.

I was eating a Bing Cherry.
Freeman cried, "Don't eat him, he's bleeding!"
He had a pained expression on his face.

Freeman-"Mommy, you're my best friend."

Freeman, snuggling, stroking my face, "I love you, Mom. You're beautiful. "

Freeman looking at a picture,"That man is chewing on Jesus' robe."
The man was kissing Jesus' robe.

September,1987~(One year after my brother Abe's wife passed away.)

Me~"We need to pray for Uncle Abie. He misses Aunt Naomi."
Freeman~"Aunt Naomi's alive!"
Me~"She is! Where is she?"
Free~"In Heaven!"
Me~"Who with?"
Free~"Jesus!"
Me~"What's she doing?"
Free~"Planting seeds with Him."

Freeman~"I want Sarah to come here. Sarah misses me."

Free~"Doesn't Merle have a car?"
We often saw Merle jogging.

Freeman~"There's somethin' that got me a spankin'...those white things." (He had covered the living room with styrofoam peanuts)

No comments: