Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, it will be 5 years since my father passed away.
I've been thinking about this for awhile.
I asked Phil if he knew what tomorrow was.
He didn't know, but that's OK.
My father was significant to him-not the date in which he died.
Phil said, "He's happier now."
I am sure he is.

In my father's struggle at the end, he had some sort of vision of heaven.
We didn't realize it at first.
He talked about golden arches and trees with leaves of different colors.
He talked about flowers that were living and vibrant.
I think he saw the pathway that takes one to Heaven.
I think he saw the pathway that gets one used to just a taste of Heaven.
And I am glad that he is there.
He knew the only way there was to be carried "Safe in the arms of Jesus." He sang that to my mother when she asked him the question on her mind.
His vision and his song...there is no question in my mind where He is.

No comments: