Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Busy Day~Feb 3, 2009

We woke up to a smattering of snow on the ground. School was delayed by two hours.
I drove through the winter wonderland and went to Farmville. My first stop was to see Dr. Matt, the chiropractor. He helps me get unkinked.
I went to Southern States and got some mouse poison.
I went to the eye glass place and got Phil's nose thing on his glasses replaced.
I went to Miller's Store and got more health food.
I went to church and picked up some books Phil ordered.
I chatted with Missi and heard a funny story about~oh, that's right. She said that I COULD NOT blog it.
I went to Caryn's Bridal Shop and ordered my black satin dress in a size that is too tight on me now. I pretended that it wasn't so tight because I AM going to lose weight. Besides, Missi promised me her body girdle and that should help with several inches. I won't be able to breathe, but I can handle that for a few hours. The black satin dress is for Phil's sister Anne's wedding in May.
I went to that health food store in town and was impressed with the owner and the things that he had on his shelf. He's from New York and is making his home here. He was very helpful and is kind. His store is located in that little 'mall' next to Pino's.
Then, I went to Lindsay's and we bundled the girls in the stroller and walked to Longwood's cafeteria. For a reasonable rate we got a veritable smorgasbord. Is that line "veritable smorgasbord'' from 'Charlotte's Web?' Reminds me of the rat and what he thought about the food at the county fair. Someone help me out here. Anyway, I ate alot of salad and actually ate and enjoyed cajun tofu. Adison loved whatever I fed her. She ate beets, chick peas, black olives, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, peas, alfafa sprouts, tofu....She is a health food nut!!! Emma ate her pink ice cream and made little murmers of delight with each bite. Mmmm..Mmmm...she said. Emma reached for me and fell asleep in my arms while Lindsay and I talked and Adi people watched. We went to visit Gil where he was studying in the cafe. Then we huffed and puffed our way up Library Hill. We were happy that we had to wait for traffic. I left Lindsay with reluctance. She was getting ready to snuggle with the girls on the sofa and take a nap. I thought that sounded just about perfect.
But, alas, I had to go to Dollar General and pick up some reading glasses for Phil.
I went to Krogers and got more vegetables. I bought winter squash. I cut them in half later, when I got home. I saved some of the seeds to plant some day soon because my friend Jeanne, whose blog is featured in my blogspot, has me so pumped up about gardening this year. Then, I brushed the cut side (of the squash) with melted butter (shhh..) and honey and roasted them cut side up in the oven. I put about 1 inch of water in the pan. (I found this recipe at the eye glass place while I was waiting.) We had salad and acorn, butternut, and spaghetti squash for supper. I made some fudge out of unsweeted carob chips, organic peanut butter, and vanilla. It is awful. I use the present tense because it is still present in the back porch. You should have seen Phil's face.
But, I am getting ahead of myself.
I also went to Roses and got a shirt for the retreat coming up. Whenever I get ready to go away, I feel like I don't have anything to wear.
I went towards Appomattox to pick up the children.
When I left Farmville, a familiar truck was following me.
I thought it might be Phil. I didn't want to get too friendly and wave invitingly or anything because I have done that before and it wasn't him. When he turned off at 627, I knew I could have waved in any kind of way I wanted to. He called a second later just to make sure I was OK. He saw a big truck getting ready to pass me at the same time a car pulled out to make a left turn right in front of the truck. I hadn't even noticed and had been kept safe.
We got home and put the groceries away and made that delicious supper and quizzed Susan on some homework and did four loads of wash and now I am ready to hit the sack.
What a Busy Day it's been.
What a Nice Day it's been.

No comments: