Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hertzler Doings~Feb. 5-9, 2009

On Thursday morning, I took the children to our carpool meeting place, came back home and picked up a bear roast for my brother, Abe, made a phone call, and got in the car and headed for PA. I arrived about 8 hours later and spent the afternoon, evening, and next morning with my mother. She lives at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. We knitted and watched Jeopardy, Cash Cab, and the news. My mother is so smart. She knows alot more than I do. I slept there overnight and the next morning my sister, Rosalee, came over. We had a nice time of visiting together. I left my mother's around 1:00 and went to pick up Naomi. We went shopping at the outlets and I found the dressy trouser jeans that I was looking for. I always say that Naomi has an anointing for shopping. She's my shopping buddy. We went to Olive Garden for supper and then headed for Black Rock Retreat.
It is the second year in a row that we have gone to our friend Mary's church retreat. Pat and Mary were pastoring at Hopewell while we were there. They have their own church in Gap now and it is a joy and delight to see how well they are doing there. Mary was the speaker for the retreat. The retreat theme was "New Beginnings." It was a blessed time from start to finish. I find that I can't write much about it. I am still pondering these things in my heart. Maybe they'll come out later. ( Chris Kurtz was there, too. What a gem she is. )
On Sunday afternoon, I went to Phil's parents and spent the evening and night with them. Janelle and Micah were there. I have so much fun with that little guy. I left the next morning around 9:00. I stopped at Hopewell to say good-bye to Naomi. I got to see Mark, Wendy, and Janet, too. Then I went to BB's; a discount grocery store. I stocked up on produce and coffee, etc. I left Morgantown around 10:30 and got home around 6:15. I couldn't wait to get home and see my darling and my kiddos. The house looked nice. I put most of my things away and hit the sack early. It is good to be home.

1 comment:

Janet Oberholtzer said...

That's great that you had time to spend with your mom and go on that retreat.
Did Janelle tell you that she is sharing her story at iHope on Tue. April 21st?
Sounds like you had a great trip!