Saturday, August 1, 2009

Book Report~"Storm Warning"

by Billy Graham

I was reading this book during the time I was reading twenty books at a time, but now that I am making myself write book reports, I finish a book within a few days of starting it, but I didn't do it with this one, so it is hard to summarize what I just finished, having taken several months to do so. But, I will say this. I would read it again, and study it more thoroughly.

When I've studied other religions, there is something in me that denies what I am hearing, so it is hard to grasp that religions' 'truth', since I am denying it as true. Therefore, I can barely tell you the facts of another religion.

When I read a story about Revelation, I want to skim through the horrible parts and deny that it will ever happen, so I feel like I am always reading Revelation, or books about it, but never really grasping it because I don't want the bad parts to take place. Am I making any sense here?

Billy Graham tackles some tough questions in his book, such as AIDS and abortion, peace on earth, safety on our streets, what's going on with Russia, natural disasters, etc. He uses the book of Revelation and expounds on the plagues, the bowls of wrath, and the scary horses that will be riding abroad on that day.

Although 'Storm Warning' is sobering, it also gives great hope. On the jacket, it says, "This is truly a book no responsible person should miss."
Much as I want to be an ostrich with its head in the sand, I am continually being drawn to books such as this one.

Billy Graham wrote the simple prayer in the last chapter that I have heard him so often pray with many people through the years. If you want, you can pray it too.

"O God, I am a sinner.
I'm sorry for my sins.
I'm willing to turn from my sins.
I receive Christ as Savior.
I confess Him as Lord.
From this moment on I want to follow Him
and serve Him in the fellowship of His church.
In Christ's name. Amen."

John recorded Jesus saying these words, "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. In this world you will have trouble. Be of good cheer. I have overcome the world."

God warns us because He loves us. He is not willing for any to perish.

No comments: