Saturday, August 1, 2009

Book Report~The Partner

by John Grisham

Growing up, my best friend's father was a lawyer and he raised several sons and I think one of his daughters to be lawyers, and my brother is a lawyer, and my sister should be one with her great mind for detail and ability to speak well. Therefore, I enjoy stories about lawyers.

'The Partner' weaves a story of mystery and double jeopardy based around the activities of a law firm and its partners. One partner disappears with zillions of dollars and the other partners are out to get him for various reasons.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book to the very end. Even the last two pages kept me guessing as to what was really going on. I don't remember any bad words. There are some torture scenes that I didn't like. There were a few inferences to sex but none that I would mind my mother reading.

If you live nearby, I will loan you the book, but I'd like to read it again in two years. I read most of it down by the river while Susan splashed nearby. I bought it at the thrift store, as usual.

No comments: