Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hertzler Doings-Aug.4-10, 2009

Tues.-Michael went for more Kroger training today. I went to Dr. Forand and she told me that for sure I have allergies...to goldenrod and ragweed, out in abundance right now. Recommended using a netty pot which I have. Took Lands End returns to P.O. and hope to get replacement uniforms before school starts. Got crickets at Noah's. Running a fever. Feel awful. Mother's doctor visit revealed that her kidneys are fine. (Note to self-Tony signed papers yesterday)

Wed.-Woke up feeling much better. Talked with Janelle and Micah. Canned 8 quarts of tomato juice and sourdough 7-grain pancakes. Too hot to go mini golfing with Sarah and Susan. Went to Ice Age movie instead. Went to church functions in eve. Mike at Kroger's.

Thurs- Cleaned the house and Susan started me up in face book. What have I done? I had told Betty Gibbs that I will do face book once I get the old house cleaned up. She suggested that I clean the old house for 15 min. a day before I do face book. I thought that was a great idea. (Confession-haven't done that so far.) Have enjoyed finding old classmates and relating to cousins and old friends and new.

Fri.-Susan and I took Mike to Kroger's and then met Missi, Nick, and Reagan for lunch at Chinese Bill's. Suz and I also went shopping at Baine's-my favorite store. Bought two more books for 2-3 bucks each. Someday, I hope to have a library room in our home. Watched some of the Monk marathon and we'd jump up and do odd jobs during the commercials.

Sat.-Harvested much of our garden today. Baked butternut squash in chunks with skin still on. Froze and bagged. ( Pop one out and stick in microwave. Eat with butter and salt or brown sugar and cinnamon. ) Ran errands with Phil. Dyed Susan's hair a deep purpley-red. She is so pleased.

Sun.-Wonderful morning at church. I always love to go to church but the last three Sunday services have been extra special. Had a 'royal interruption' in the Ladies room. Realized Lindsay was in there with her girls and started talking with her. Adi recognized my voice and scooted under the door and climbed on my lap and began to snuggle, her little body straddling mine. It was the funniest thing. She was prepared to stay with me in church until she saw her mommy holding a baby. Then her priorities changed. In afternoon, Alli, Haley, Susan and I watched 'Ink Heart' and ate popcorn and homegrown watermelon. Susan and Haley went swimming in the river. Michael, Travis, Chace and Jordan had a nice day eating ribs, playing in the river, and hanging out in the boy's bedroom. Alli gave me a face book lesson. I am sure I will 'get' it after awhile.
(I only just got a cell phone.)

Mon.-Out to Appomattox to take Mike to Kroger's and to get his car. Visited CCA. Came home and canned spaghetti sauce and pumpkin. Watched and listened to Monk in between canning, washing, and Face booking. FB is rather addictive. Went out to town in eve. to attend meeting at church.

No comments: