Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 17-19,2009~Hertzler Doings

April 17-Susan slept until almost noon. She and I went out to town to shop for her dress for Annie's wedding. Found a cute turquoise/black dress at Cato's. Found matching jewelry at Walmart and matching shoes at the shoe store next to Rose's. Coming out of the shoe store, we saw Phil. My heart dropped. Something must be wrong. Uh-oh. I had forgotten to turn on my cell phone. He wanted me to check if the bank deposit was in the car. He needed to get it in and we had forgotten about it all week. So thankful no one had been hurt/died and that Phil was just happy to have found the check. He had traversed the parking lot at Walmart and was starting to check out other parking lots in town. Lindsay, Mia, Emma, and Adi came to our place around 4:00 for a photo shoot down by the bluebells and the river. Mia is an excellent photographer because she is aware of people and the beauty that is in them and around them. She is also thoroughly kind. Lindsay threw stones in the river at the same time Adi would attempt to throw a stone. Lindsay's big stones would plop a split second after Adi's small stones hit the shore. Lindsay would say, 'Good job!' and Adison would giggle. I told Lindsay that Adi would write a book some day entitled, 'How my Mother made Me Feel like a Success Every Day of My Life.'

April 18-Cleaned. Cleaned. Cleaned. So far behind in my house. Clutter overwhelming me in old house and "new." Yard sale this Saturday at our school, Cornerstone Christian Academy. I filled the car trunk with yard sale items and hope to make a delivery like that each day when I pick up the kids from school. Scratched the surface on the clutter issue. BUT, it took me awhile to get here and it will take me awhile to get free.

April 19-Sat outside in the morning with my cup of tea and some devotional books. Birds were worshiping. Two were quarreling. They squawked and scolded. Finally, they flew away in opposite directions. Went to church. Wonderful time of worship. I felt the wings and the winds of worship when Sarah began singing. Had been worried about someone and they were back in church. Had a sweet time of communion. Pastor Frank preached on Blind Bartimaeus. I kept hearing my mother singing, "One sat alone beside the highway begging...His eyes were blind, the light he could not see...He clutched his rags and shivered in the shadows...Then Jesus came and bid his darkness flee..."
Came home and ate meatloaf and watercress sandwiches. Phil and I took a nap on the sofa together and watched different things on TV. Freeman and Alli went for a walk, played Pick One and watched Clouseau and Gena, Susan, and Michael watched a movie and made popcorn and went four-wheeling. We are so thankful for a day of rest.

2 comments:

Funny Mom said...

I love you and your family so much! You will never know, this side of heaven, how much your presense, words, friendship, and famliy have meant to me. I would love to discuss with you a point Pastor made this morning...casting off and how it is more important to please God than man. I love you so~Sara

robert said...

Your blog caught my eye this morning because of the reference to Oswald Smith's gospel song, "Then Jesus Came." If you'd like to know a bit about how it came to be written, check out my blog for today at Wordwise Hymns.