Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fear Factor

This morning I hit the snooze button.
I closed my eyes and prayed," God, I'm scared. So many people are going through so many things."
I have never heard God speak audibly.
I just hear words in my spirit or get impressions and sometimes it is God I hear and sometimes, it is just me but I think it is God.
But today, in my spirit, I'm quite sure I heard Him say, "Can you honestly look me in the face and tell my you're scared?"
His answer was in the question of this humorous challenge, and
I had to laugh.
Because if I look Him in the face, I won't be scared.
Not as much, anyway.
The more clearly I see Him, the less scared I'll be.
Like the blind man who saw men looking like trees walking (after Jesus touched him the first time), so I see God's face but sometimes through a glass darkly.
I need Him to touch my eyes again so I can see Him clearly and then I won't be so scared.

Ps. 34:5 says, "They looked to Him and were radiant and their faces were not ashamed."

Somewhere in the Bible it says that we see God in the face of Jesus Christ. So His is the face I picture when I want to see God's face.
Some day soon, I'll get to see if the face I imagined is His real face.
Until then, my imagination will have to do.


No comments: