Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gems from Mother's Journal

Luke 5:6~Jesus blessed Peter's fishing business by such a large catch that you would have thought he would ask Him to come be a partner. Instead, he leaves it all and goes with Jesus.

A good motto to use for repentance in our nation:
Jer. 18:8-"If that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it."

I was so impressed this morning with the people and the vivid description John gives of them and their emotions and my emotional response. I hate those Pharisees. I have sympathy for Pilate. I shield my emotions over Jesus' death. I thrilled and rejoiced with Mary Magdalene-what a wonderful experience that she would have missed had she hurried away. Thomas, from doubt to triumphant faith-"My Lord and My God!" Peter, hurting and wondering, "You know that I love you." And John, the humble recorder, 'I wrote "that you might believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name."

Psa. 123-""So our eyes look to the Lord our God, until He shall be gracious to us." Just keep looking to Him-not the circumstances.

No comments: