Monday, April 27, 2009

How to Recognize a Psychopath

Fox News had someone on the other day who gave tips about how to recognize a psychopath. I took notes. It could be a she as well as a he.

#1-Does he creep you out?

#2-Does he lie alot?

#3-Does he have a chip of his shoulder? "Everyone is out to get me."

#4-Is he manipulative?

#5-Does he lack empathy?

Webster's definition of psychopath:
" A person having a character disorder distinguished by amoral or antisocial behavior without feelings of remorse."

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I once worked with a woman who had mental illness issues and who fit this description to a T. It made going to work very hard. I never left the house without knots in the pit of my stomach knowing I'd have to interact with her. Thank you for posting this.

Annie said...

Wow. I bet that was hard. Thanks for the comment. Let me know if you get this one back. It's the first time I tried...Annette