Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 2-5. 2009-Hertzler Doings

April 2nd-Pastor Josh came to have lunch with Susan at school. I think he is doing that with all of the Kingdom Kids. He enjoyed playing basketball with the 6-11 grade boys and with Dr. Hubler. I went to town to run errands and be with Lindsay and the girls. We walked to the Longwood Cafeteria, pushing the girls in the stroller in the midst of drizzle. Every time I walk in the college street area, my heart is stirred again, and I remember the dream I had about Jesus walking on a college street. I am pretty sure I know which of those building stairs I was sitting on when He walked by.
Emma had a potty training accident in the cafeteria. It was a long walk to the bathroom for her. Lindsay would like to skip this part of child-rearing. It's a good thing her diaper bag had a built-in ziploc bag. I stayed with Adi while she entertained the college students with her ability to walk around and be so little. It was drizzling hard on the way back home and Lindsay put some of my clothes in the dryer and I snuggled with Emma under a blanket. She fell asleep on my lap and when Lindsay went to move her so I could leave, she'd cry out, "No! No!" I rearranged my schedule in my mind because I've been wanting to snuggle with them when they nap for quite some time. So, Lindsay and I talked while Emma slept and Adi fought sleep and we got excited thinking about mentoring and the positive effect it would have on the women at church. Adi didn't want me to leave either and it was all very pleasant. It was so hard to leave them and go to Walmart, but some things have to be done. That eve. Susan and I tackled the egg business in a big way. We made our last cream filling and rolled and froze the last eggs for this year, please Jesus, as my friend, Mary would say. We've made 5-600 eggs according to my calculations.

April 3-Went to 'The Promise', in the evening. Our church puts on an Easter and Christmas musical every year. Phil played Pilate. The other night, I asked him to sing me his part while we were snuggling in bed. He complied.
As soon as 'Jesus' (Pastor Rob) came out on stage, I began to cry. It seemed as if Jesus Himself was there. PR not only looks like Jesus, he acts like Him. I think it must be so humbling to play this part. I don't think you can play the part and not feel His heart for humanity. It was my favorite performance of 'The Promise' so far.

April 4-Philip took Susan turkey hunting in the morning. She shot but missed. Philip was beside himself. Freeman worked for Mike all day. Michael worked at the Loy's vineyard. Susan and I worked on filling all the orders for the eggs. We had some minor glitches which felt like major ones at the time. But, we are finally finished. Tomorrow, we will make the final deliveries to the teachers at school. Susan took me down to the river to have some time to myself. She went and got some watercress from the creek and came back to clean her room, while I listened to the water and got some semblance of peace back to my soul. We watched a movie together that night-'What a Girl Wants.'

April 5-Went to church this morning a bit late. A smaller cow had a calf and it died. Phil pulled so hard to get the calf out that he had to sit down and put his head between his legs. I met a deaf lady at church today. She was excited that I knew some sign language. I am really rusty. I have a deaf nephew and my sister and her husband both interpret as a livelihood. We came home and ate some chili. Phil and I slept and Freeman and Alli went for a walk to the river to see the bluebells. Phil went back to church for the last performance of the musical and the others are watching some kind of panda movie. It's fun listening to Alli laugh. She sounds like a bubbling brook. I have not felt well since yesterday afternoon when I tasted some butter cream egg. My throat swelled up and it's been hurting ever since. Slept so little last night from the pain and the difficulty of swallowing. This should teach me not to eat sugar and chocolate ever again.( P.S. Medical diagnosis on Monday was 'acute bronchitis')
Philip, Zach, and Chad put the kayaks in at our river and Michael picked them up later, with Philip's truck, down by the bridge. Cell phones are really useful for this kind of thing. I just got one in the last few months, but I keep forgetting that I have it and the charge runs out.

No comments: