Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Boy Days-Archives of precious memories

Philip-4 years old-
I had lost my keys.
Philip-"I know where the orange keys are."
Me-"Where?"
Philip-"In God's Spirit, and He's not going to give them back," he said very gently.

It was raining outside. Freeman and Philip were dancing in the rain. Freeman was praying, "More Rain! More Rain!"
I said, "Freeman, while you are praying-would you ask God for more money?"
"Sure!"
He came back in and said, "I prayed a prayer I will never forget...and neither will God."

Philip, 4, caught a frog today in our pond. He took it over to our neighbor, Bonnie, to give her as a present. He came back and said a bit sadly, "Bonnie didn't want my present so I decided to give it to Billy Balmer. He said he's coming in 50 hours." Poor frog. He didn't revive right away after he was put back in water. He jumped quickly though after Philip kicked the water.

Philip got stung on his finger. He cried and cried. I heard him praying outloud, "Please God. Don't let the bees sting me. Please dear Lord. Don't let the bees sting me. Thank you Lord for healing my thumb!"

Michael, 1, holds very still and smiles a big smile whenever I want to take his picture. He loves his bath and likes to pull out the plug. He also likes to lay down and drink the bath water. Horrors!

I suggested to Philip that we go for a walk. He said, "..but not Freeman. He's too hyper and stuff. "
Little fleas or gnats were bothering us. Philip said, "Maybe they think we're dead or somethin'."

No comments: