Monday, April 6, 2009

Gems from My Mother's Journals

The God of the very last minute~
Acts 12:6a-And on the very night when Herod was about to bring Peter forward (to be condemned for preaching the gospel)....
(He was miraculously delivered from his jail cell by an angel while the church was praying.)
Why do You do that Lord? To test our faith, our sincerity? Peter wasn't upset that You waited so long. He was sleeping. The church was still praying but not really expecting this miracle. You did far more than they asked or thought.

Acts 20:24b-"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself..." This clarifies the statement of LOSING YOUR LIFE-such a position is very liberating really-almost like a butterfly leaving a cocoon; no more being wrapped up in my wants, dreams, and ambitions but free to MOUNT UP WITH WINGS AS EAGLES.
I thank You for that liberating word. I have been counting my life as very dear to myself in so many ways-wanting 'to be done', wanting to run my household with no waste, not wanting to do those things that are threatening to my safe little world (my cocoon), not wanting to express opinions that will set me apart as 'one of those.'

Luke, the physician records in Acts 28 how the people kept coming to Paul for healing.

The presence of others and their concern gives courage even to Paul (Acts 28:15) AND WHEN PAUL SAW THEM, HE THANKED GOD AND TOOK COURAGE.

PSA. 87:7b-ALL MY SPRINGS OF JOY ARE IN YOU is so true. I lived in joy for several days after that liberating word-NEITHER DO I COUNT MY LIFE AS DEAR UNTO MYSELF. O do not let the cares of life choke out that good word.

Another enlightening thought on "take my yoke upon you," from "This Tremendous Lover" by Boylan. OUR LIFE IN CHRIST~~~A " SHOULDER TO SHOULDER PARTNERSHIP WITH JESUS. A CONSTANT COMPANIONSHIP OF TWO LOVERS SHARING EVERY THOUGHT AND EVERY DEED."

Joseph, a type of Jesus, is sent by his father, to find his brothers.

No comments: