Thursday, April 30, 2009

Glimpses of Michael

Written especially for Grandma Diffenbach.
Michael is my 17-year-old giant-of-a-red-head son.

We had an unusual Sunday service. Philip and Michael were getting goosebumps on top of goosebumps. Mike said, 'It was not possible for me to get any more goosebumps."
They were especially moved by the testimony of the family with the 3 week old baby whose life was touched by God's oil so His lungs could breathe and his calling in life be secured.
Another woman shared how they had lost contact with their one brother for 6 1/2 years. Another brother went to the hospital and heard his lost brothers voice on the other side of the curtain.
Michael asked me, 'Do you know that your hair grows when you get goosebumps? My hair grew an inch longer on Sunday.'

Michael was in chemistry class. Another student, I'll call her Mickey, was getting antsy. Michael thought he'd distract her. "Do you know that it is impossible to touch your elbow to your ear?" he asked.
"That kept her busy for awhile," said Mike.


Last night we went shopping at Belk's for Michael's wedding wardrobe for Aunt Anne's wedding coming up May 9th. A nice lady helped us for nearly an hour and a half. We bought a black pin-striped suit, two shirts, two ties, a belt, dress socks and dress shoes and also a golf shirt. Almost everything was was 'Buy one-get one free' plus I signed up for a card and got another 15% off the final cost. Michael had earlier thought that he would need to buy it all but really had no money. I told him that since he was seventeen years old, that we would buy it for him and he was just so thankful for every little thing. The nice lady said quietly to me, "He is such a pleasant young man."
"Thank you," I said. "He really is."

No comments: