Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gems From My Mother's Journals

Please pray for my mother. Thank you. A~

Because someone sins and deserves punishment does not mean that we stand passively by and let them "in the hands of the LORD." In Numbers 15:15, 22-Moses pleads for mercy for those deserving death and later sends Aaron into their midst to make atonement and stop the plague of death. Praying. Interceding. Doing.

ISAIAH 54:11-"SO SHALL MY WORD BE WHICH GOES FORTH FROM MY MOUTH; IT SHALL NOT RETURN TO ME EMPTY, WITHOUT ACCOMPLISHING WHAT I DESIRE, AND WITHOUT SUCEEDING IN THE MATTER FOR WHICH I SENT IT."
I always saw this as meaning that if I give out the Word, that Word will accomplish its intended purpose and in part it does. But tonight I see it as God sending His Word to me and His keeping that word to me. My confidence is renewed in the promise He gave me in Isa. 54:13-"All your children shall be taught of the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children." Reading Andrew Murray's thoughts in "DAY BY DAY" helped me see this:"WHEN YOU GET A PROMISE FROM GOD, IT IS WORTH JUST AS MUCH AS FULFILLMENT."

This confirms my impression that our basic besetting sin is unbelief. "UNBELIEF IS THE MOTHER OF DISOBEDIENCE AND ALL OTHER SINS AND SHORTCOMINGS-MY TEMPER, MY PRIDE, MY UNLOVINGNESS, MY WORLDINESS." Andrey Murray-"Day by Day"

No comments: