Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day~2008

Merry Christmas!
We are having flipflop weather in the sunny south.
It is 70 degrees here in the shade.
I can hear Philip hammering outside. He is building Susan a rabbit cage for her Christmas gift. We are going to Pa. for a few days and she needs a cage that will keep her rabbits off the ground. Sometimes, the cows get out of the barn and move her cages around. Phil is out hauling manure on this beautiful afternoon. Freeman is grilling bear ribs for supper and I'm not sure what Michael or Susan are doing because I just woke up from an hour-long nap.

This morning, we took our time getting up. I made a sausage- hashbrown-egg casserole and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.
We sat around the table and talked about 'Honor' and how to honor our upcoming President, our pastors, our employers, our parents, and each other. We sang Christmas songs passed down from Mast Family Gatherings and Phil recited and read the Christmas story from the Bible. We gave each other Christmas gifts and watched "The Three Stooges" and held baby bunnies. I had given each of them Mountain Dew sleep pants and they put them on immediately. We took some funny pictures with them holding bottles of Mountain Dew that Gina had given them.

I've been packing for our trip to Pa. I also need to take a walk to the river since I promised Angel one this morning. It's been a wonderful Christmas so far, but I realize that I have been experiencing Christmas for at least a month. I think it would be more accurate to say that I experience Christmas almost every day. Because Christmas is about God being with us, Emmanuel, and I do experience that truth every day, whether I feel Christmassy or not.

Merry Christmas to all of you, today, and every day for the rest of your life.

No comments: