Thursday, December 4, 2008

Perception and absolutes

I am thinking about these things.

There are absolute truths and there are perceptions of truth.
These are not the same.

Truth will not change regardless of what one has experienced in life.
My perceptions of truth may change because of what I have experienced in life.

One person can read something and perceive it to mean exactly what it says.
Another can read it and read through the lines and see a hidden meaning.

Some words are more hidden than others.
Some words are more obvious than others.
The perception of words is where it gets tricky.

I may not hear or see something in certains words because I am pure in heart.
I may be naive. I may be unobservant. I may be desensitized due to overexposure to the concepts expressed through the media or the counselling room and not even see what is in front of my face.

Or I may see things that others don't see.
I could be so pure of heart and full of truth that I see or hear a word out of place when others do not.
Or,I could be so saturated with evil that I read evil into everything I read or hear.

So the pure of heart may see or not see a shadow of sin.
The wicked of heart may see or not see a scene of darkness.
Or one could just be the observing type.
It all depends.
Perception is too unboxed to judge.
That is why I try to believe the best about everyone, including myself.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

your heart is so beautiful. thanks for sharing...