Monday, December 8, 2008

Psalm of Comfort~13~Ps. 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"

I will be exalted in your life.
I WILL BE exalted in your life.
I will be EXALTED in your life.
I will be exalted in YOUR life.
I will be exalted in your LIFE.
So many ways in which to hear it said.

A.B. Simpson says it this way:
"..But the greatest triumph of a person's faith is to
'Be still and know that He is God.'(Ps.46:10)"

He continues, "Whenever I have seen God's wondrous work in the case of some miraculous healing or some extraordinary deliverance by His providence, the thing that has always impressed me most was the absolute quietness in which it was done. I have also been impressed by the absence of anything sensational and dramatic, and the utter sense of my own uselessness as I stood in the presence of this mighty God, realizing how easy all this was for Him to do without even the faintest effort on His part, or the slightest help from me."

No comments: