Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sigh with the Sigh of God~

"Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me."

My Bible notes say that 'comfort comes from the word "nacham" which means to "breathe intensely because of deep emotion."

It does not describe casual sympathy, but rather deep empathy.

It is like "weeping with those who weep," or actually "sighing with those who sigh."'

What a comfort it is when a friend
 has no answers to your tears and sighs. 
 
What a comfort when they just hold you
and sigh deeply and weep with you.

We think we have to have an answer.
We don't have an answer.
Any attempt at answering sometimes wounds even more. 
 
But, we can sigh with the sigh of God.
We can weep with the tears of God.
Emmanuel.
God with us.
Sighing and weeping as we weep and sigh.

No comments: