Friday, December 19, 2008

Turn back the battle

Isaiah 28:5,6~
"In that day the LORD of hosts will be for a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty to the remnant of His people,
For a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment,
And for strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate."

I don't understand this passage but I do feel the heartbeat of God in it. Somehow, God Himself will be our crown of glory and our ornament of dignity and authority. He will help us judge justly and He will be the strength of those who turn back the battle at the gate.
I wonder if those who turn back the battle at the gate are intercessors. Perhaps they see things coming and do battle with the enemy of the souls of those inside the gate. Perhaps, through their prayers, they prevent things from happening to destroy those inside the city. Perhaps, those inside the city will never even know about it. And it is God who is the strength of those who turn back the battle.
I keep reading these verses over and over. I think of His crown of glory and beauty resting on my head. I think of His perfect justice and how He knows all things. I think of His strength for the battle at hand. I think of the Lord of hosts~the LORD of the multitude. I am one in that multitude. You are one in that multitude. And we turn back the battle at the gate by His strength. You and I, arms locked, hearts united, infused with the Strength of the Lord of Hosts, turning back the battle at the gate....

No comments: