Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mother's Journal-Ezekial

Ezekial 16-There are 59 verses about the wickedness of Israel and in v.63, the last verse, He says when I forgive you for all you've done. What mercy and graciousness!

Ezekial 17:22-24~Are these verses talking about Jesus? On the high mountain of Israel I will plant it ( a tender twig from the top of a high cedar) and it shall grow branches and bear fruit and become a noble cedar, in the shadow of whose branches the birds of every feather will nestle and find rest. He said we were to come to Him and find rest. This is all a very beautiful, accurate description of our Savior.

Ezekial 22:30~I have looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and hold the breach before Me in defense of the Land, that I would not destroy it, but I did not find him. v.31. Therefore, I will pour out my indignation upon them~their own ways I have repaid upon their own heads~The importance of one godly person! One who will not be content with his own godliness but who will give himself in reconciling others to God and building the kingdom in their lives.

I know some men like that. A~

(For those of you just starting to read my blog, I take excerpts from my mother's journals and entitle them "Mother's Journal Gems" or something close to that. I write down the scriptures she used and also her comments about them using a different color and style.) A~

No comments: