Monday, December 8, 2008

Living and Pain

I have a book where I write down favorite quotes. I found this one today and it seems relevant to life right now. It is something I read that my sister-in-law, Janelle had written.

"The challenge is to hold the pain and keep on living...I used to think that the fruit or the pearls or the miracles came only on the other side of the pains and sufferings we face in life. When we get through the hard time we will see that "God really did work it out for good."...It is being able to sit and hold in one hand the fact that life sucks and hold in the other the fact that life is very good. Being fully present to the pain and the anger I experienced became a source of finding the goodness, the love, and the holiness of God in all things. It is being present to the fact that while not all things are of God, God can be found in all things."

No comments: