Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Past 24 hours

Last night, Philip's friend, C.P. came over. I had made homemade pizza which was out of this world and I am not the only one who said that. Most of us snuggled down on some soft chairs and watched, "Prince Caspian," together. It was really nice.

This morning Gina and Ruth came over. Ruth did Phil's books while Gina helped me make Christmas candy and cookies. I have made a wonderful discovery. Most of you know about Ritz crackers with peanut butter and /or marshmellow filling dipped in chocolate and how wonderful good that is.(Pa. Dutch coming through.)

Well, I invented the following recipe, I think. Take a jar of marshmellow cream, add a handful of coconut and some coconut extract. Mix well. Put a dollop on a Ritz cracker and top with another cracker. Dip in dark chocolate. Put a toasted almond and some more coconut on top. Let harden if you can wait that long. Oh, my goodness. Freeman says that it is his new favorite cookie. It gets better with age. I know that for a fact, because I kept checking their flavor every hour or so.

I listened to Christmas music all day long. The Christmas lights were on and the candle was burning. I made bear meatloaf, broccoli-rice casserole, and salad for supper. It was a lovely day. Freeman is out with a friend and is heading to Chi Alpha. Philip and Michael are working on firewood. Susan is working on her bedroom. Phil is going to a board meeting and I am going to get ready for an early retirement to bed so I can get up early and have another lovely day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I think you need a separate section just for your recipes! Especially things that include bear meat.