Monday, January 19, 2009

Book Report~'Your Best Life Now"

"7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential" by Joel Osteen

I bought this book at Baine's Used Bookstore for $4.00, in honor of my dad, who dearly loved this man. When my dad was in a coma, I went into the hospital to see him, and I said cheerfully, "I saw your buddy, Joel Osteen, on television this morning." I looked down and could see crinkles around his eye. I believe he heard me and he responded like that to other things I said that day.


Joel writes like he talks. (Yes, we relate on a first name basis.) He used over 140 scriptural references in this book, and has a prayer in the back for those who want to accept Jesus as their Savior.

His 7 points are as follows:
~Enlarge your vision;
~Develop a healthy self-image;
~Discover the power of your thoughts and words;
~Let go of the past;
~Find strength through adversity;
~Live to give; and
~Choose to be happy.

It is a very interesting book, full of stories and good counsel.
I recommend it.

No comments: