Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan. 9-12~Hertzler Doings

It was great to be back teaching school this week. I love it. I feel the comraderie of other teachers there, who want the best for my children, as I want the best for theirs. On Wed. night, I went to a new Bible Study and learned about the Mormon faith. Each week, we will learn about another religion. On Friday night, Susan, Phil, and I were happy that a new episode of "Monk" was showing. We watched more of him on the Sat. marathon.

On Sat. morning, Phil and the boys went to check out some cattle. They stopped at the Ruritan Club in Pamplin on the way home and got enough Brunswick Stew to last for several days. Sarah came over in the afternoon and spent the night. The girls worked on moves for Human Video. I washed, cleaned, and sewed sleep pants for Michael, Philip, and Susan. I had made Freeman's before he went to school last year.

On Sunday, PR preached about laying a good foundation, using the scriptures in Deut. 6. Some of his main points were as follows:
Actually, all I can remember is his llama story. You had to be there. Now I will look at my notes to get his 'real' message.
1. Laying a foundation does not guarantee a perfect home, but it provides the opportunity for one. (We need to know the Word of God and be grounded in it.)
2. Take ownership of your family's health. If you won't make it the best, who will? Pay attention to detail and be diligent. A home that has laughter, Jesus, and love will be a home that your children will want to model and others will want what you have.

He also said that when we have the potential to be a winner and live like a loser, we will always regret it.
Nobody makes Phil laugh as hard as "The Three Stooges " do, but PR comes in as a close 2nd and I hope I come in 3rd. Oh, well. I just don't have his energy or sound effects going for me.

On Sunday afternoon, Lindsay, Emma, and Adi came over to give Gil some time to work on a project. Lindsay and I snuck out the side door and rode the gator down to the chapel. We sat and talked for over an hour and when we came back, both girls were on the floor sleeping. Susan had done a great job. Phil, Susan, Lindsay, and I played "Pick One" with scrapple tiles. We ate popcorn of course. In the eve, we went out to Farmville. Phil went to the men's meeting, Susan went to human video, Michael went to PR's for Bible Study, and I went to Ruby Tuesday's with Candi. It was a nice day.

On Monday, the kids didn't have school. They stayed home to do homework and I went out to town to run some errands. I went to the chiropractor, had lunch with Dianna, visited Missi, checked out the cute black dress in the window at Esther Mae's, chatted with Linda and Carol, visited Ruth at Benchmark and ate half her lunch with her in the backroom, and of course, went to Walmart. I got some crickets on the way home at Noah's Pet Shop and came home and made taco salad.(Not with the crickets) I'm fighting some sort of lung pain and cough; hope it's just from swallowing a vitamin down the wrong pipes.

News Flash: Riverside Restaurant-Is that it's name?-has a great cold plate of chicken salad, coleslaw, cucumbers, tomatoes, grapes, pineapple, and oranges. Yummm...

No comments: