Friday, January 16, 2009

Gems from Mother's Journal

This wonderful verse which I need so much in I Cor.1:5~For in Him you have in every respect been enriched, with full power of expression and with adequate knowledge seems more than I feel worthy to claim. But the Corinthians were far from perfect, for Paul says in 3:1~I was in no position...to speak to you as spiritual persons, but as to worldlings, as to babes in Christ. He goes on to list many other problems that they had.

I can pray this through no credit of my own. Ps. 119:58b~ Be merciful to me according to Thy Word. 149a~Hear my voice according to Thy lovingkindness. It's all because of Him.

Psalm 23:2,3,6~He leads me. Goodness and unfailing love shall follow me. He takes care of where we are going and where we have been. He's before us and behind us.

Dear Peter. You now become a "wounded healer". The only one of the disciples God allowed this experience. You were His instrument to bring Dorcas~a woman bubbling over with helpful activities and practise of charities back to life! Acts 9:36,41

Ps. 92:14~In old age they shall still be bearing fruit, They shall be full of life and vitality. This is God's perfect will for His children. How wonderful that would be! How does it happen? Be being transplanted into the Lord's garden. 13a.

No comments: