Friday, January 16, 2009

Hey Jude

Now to Him who is able to keep you
from stumbling, And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.
Jude 24

They looked unto Him and were radiant
And their faces were not ashamed.
Ps.34:5

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers him from all his trouble.
The Lord is near to those who have
a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.(Ps 34:17,18,22)

I've been afraid, thinking, "If they can fall, what is to keep me from falling? Who am I to think that I could stand? "
I observe and see that most people who fall were at the wrong place at the wrong time and did not remove themselves from that situation. It makes me want to lock myself in my little chapel and not go anywhere until He comes back.
But my children and family need me and they need to see me kept from falling in the midst of living. This is not a time for hiding out in fear. This is a time for building; for being pro-active. We cannot have an apathetic existence . We either maintain growth or maintain defeat. There are no luke-warm privileges here. God help us! God help our children!
And then, He reminded me, that He is the one who keeps me from falling. If I look at my frailty and fight temptation with my little meager self, I will fall. But HE IS ABLE to KEEP ME FROM FALLING...and not only that, He PRESENTS ME FAULTLESS before His Father's throne which is a big step up from "just" being kept from falling.
It is His work and my job is to listen and obey and be wise and flee if need be.
My job is to cry out to Him when I need help.
My job is to have a broken and contrite heart.
My job is to look to Him and be radiant.

He does the rest and it is a great deal in comparison to what I have to do.
I think I have a choice.
I either live in fear of falling,
or I live in the fear of the Lord.

I choose life, so that I and my children may live.

No comments: