Friday, January 16, 2009

God's heartbreak

More gems from my mother's journal:

Jer. 11:15~What right has my beloved in my house when she has committed wicked acts? This term,"My beloved," is heart breaking! The cry of a heart broken Father. Earlier in 4:19, He cries, "My pain! My insides! Let me writhe! Wails of my heart! My heart is torn within Me!~For my soul hears the cry of the turmpet, a shout of battle.
That's where God is when devastation and pain overtakes His people. (It tears Him up.)

More terms of endearment~I have given the beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.
Jer. 15:6~I am weary of grieving...I am broken hearted, for I have destroyed My people.

Jeremiah is not easy for me to understand historically, but it is full of God's heart ache for His people. He uses other nations to punish them because they have turned from Him, and when they have turned to Him, He punishes the nations that came against them.
Sometimes, God uses devastating things to bring us back to Himself, and when we have returned, He triumphs over those devastating things in our lives.
His ways are past finding out. A~

No comments: