Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Treasures All Year Long

The Christmas decorations are put away.
I kept our pretty centerpiece on the table.
I kept out a ceramic statuette of Joseph and Jesus and Mary.
I kept out the basket of cards and newsletters from around the world.
I will put those things away, too, when spring comes.

But there are Christmas Treasures I keep up all year long.
These are the pictures of family and friends, sent to us as a Christmas card.
They're lined up in four rows on my walls~nearly 50 of them!

Everyday, I look at them.
I pray for the families.
I ask God to strengthen their marriages and to bless their children.
I ask for healing and wisdom and financial prosperity.
I ask God to keep them close to Him.
I remember our friendships and the good times we've had together.
I cherish the comfort of their lives well-lived.

Christmas Treasures All Year Long...

No comments: