Saturday, January 10, 2009

This is My Destiny

Beth Moore quotes Dennis Jernigan, in her book, "Praying God's Word." She borrowed them from his book, "This is My Destiny." I liked them too.

"If my Father says something about me, even if I cannot see it yet, I can rest assured it is so...and begin to put on that truth...and walk in it. I can no longer blame someone else for how I view myself. I cannot make the old excuse "that's just the way I am," because it is no longer "the way I am." I take back the stolen ground by simply being in relationship with my Father. His holy genes are now part of my inheritance from Him. I must simply stand and be who He says I am."

"True freedom will only bloom in your life when you put on the truth of who God says you are. Knowing who God wants you to be is not the same as practicing who He wants you to be. When life gets complicated and failures abound, turn your heart and mind back to the basics. Remember who you are in Christ, practice who God says you are, and in time, you'll be walking in the ...hall of freedom."

No comments: