Thursday, January 8, 2009

Feeling Motherly

I feel motherly towards Jesus.
I have for quite some time.
Perhaps it is because I played the part of Mary in an Easter Musical.
Perhaps it is because I am the age His mother might have been when He was crucified and a sword pierced her side as well.

When someone praises Jesus around me, I actually feel motherly pride. I want Him to be loved and esteemed. I want people to be saved so He has more lovers of His soul.
I feel sad when people don't like Him.

Today, I read my scriptures aloud. Maybe that's why I really noticed Jesus' words in Matt. 12:20~"For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother."

Could it be that I am doing His Father's will and that I am His mother?
Isn't this why we are all family in the Body of Christ? We are His brother and sister and mother. Wow! And what is the will of His father in Heaven?

John 6:29,40~Jesus said,"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent...and this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the son and believes in Him may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Webster says that to believe is to have confidence in the truth, existence, reliability, or value of something.

Do you believe in Him?
Then you are doing the will of the Father
and you are family to Jesus.

No comments: