Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bad Dreams

I used to have bad dreams about my teeth falling out.
They were nightmares, really.
Then, I read somewhere that if you have dreams about your teeth falling out, it means that you have things you want to say and haven't expressed them.
I used to say that someday I was going to write a book called, "What I would have said if I had thought of it quick enough."
My friends who speak well and off-the-cuff tell me that I am fortunate that things come to my mind later rather then sooner.
It has probably saved me alot of embarassment, because many times the things I have thought to say later, are not always that nice, and the person I would have said them to, is no longer around to hear them.

Ever since I started to blog, I have not had that nightmare.
I am getting to 'say' the things I want to say.
It is a nice feeling.
It's also nice to know that some folks are reading what I have to say.
But mostly, I just like being able to say them.
I like being able to complete a thought.
I like being able to erase words I shouldn't have said.
I like going back and editing sentences and clarifying what I really want to say.

The other day, Michael got in the car and said, "I had an awful dream last night. I dreamed all of my teeth were falling out."
With amusement, I told him the supposed meaning of his dream.
"Have you been in a situation lately, " I then asked, "in which you wanted to say something, but couldn't?"
"Yes, as a matter-of-fact, I have," he said.
And he told me the situation and what had been said to him, and what he would have liked to say back, but couldn't because of who said it to him.

I love to hear Michael speak and reason.
I hope his dreams are always sweet.



1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the meaning of that particular dream. My sister always had such dreams. She assumed it was because she worried about her teeth. I never had those dreams. Maybe it's because I'm a writer. Or perhaps because I'm opinionated and never hesitate to share my opinion, although it would probably be wiser (and kinder) to withhold it sometimes!