Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Susan!

Susan, my daughter, was born on March 4, 1997. We went to the hospital in a snowstorm on March 3rd. A snowplow was anchored to the front of Phil's red truck and we felt vulnerable and invincible all within the same moments. Labor stopped once we got to the hospital, but Dr. Bonner said, "You are not going anywhere in this weather," and proceeded to help matters go forward.
Susan was born six and a half years after our last child, Michael, and we enjoyed her so much. People asked me if she was my grandchild. Everyone in our family wanted another baby. We couldn't have asked for a nicer answer to our prayer.

In honor of Susan, today, I want to post her autobiography, which she just wrote for school this past week. She entitled it, "I Have Made History." At this point in her life, she is very interested in going to Liberty University. She wants to study to be a veterinarian. Animals act differently around her. Her rabbits rest on her lap. That may not be unusual, but they lay on their backs, completely relaxed. One time, I paid a dollar for a ticket to see her frog circus. They did all kinds of tricks. If they are making too much noise, she tells them to be quiet, and they do. Dr. Hubler calls her-"The Frog Whisperer."

Susan has a beautiful voice and can play the piano. She figures out the songs on her own. Sometimes, I play them for her once, and then she can play them. She also is quite a business woman. She has her own Chocolate Egg business right now. She is paying her way to camp. She keeps a notebook and writes everything down. She buys her own ingredients. I help her dip the eggs and that is all I do. While I was writing this, she came and hugged me and said, "I love you, Mommy. I couldn't ask for a nicer mommy in the whole wide world." "I love you, too," I said. "I couldn't ask for a nicer daughter in the whole wide world."

Susan is beautiful, too. She has very blonde hair and blue-blue eyes. She has a wild, loud laugh, which I hesitate to confess that she gets from her mother. Her common sense, she gets from her dad. We are happy to have her as our own. We love you, Susan Angela. Happy Birthday. :)

No comments: