Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday Sermon~Mar.1, 2009

You Know Enough Already~PFP

(I always feel like I want to give credit to Pastor Frank for what he taught and at the same time, make it clear that some of the following is my understanding and expressions of thought towards what he shared. I want to give him credit AND not let him take any blame in case I have added something questionable to his words. That being said, I'll probably never say it again. :)

The gist of the sermon was this:
We haven't realized who we are in Christ and we wait for God to show up and do something. We wait for something more and we have it all already. What we need is a revelation of what has been given to us through Christ Jesus. We need a revelation of who we are in Him.

Eph. 1:14-25~Paul prays..."that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ...."

It is a really good prayer. We should pray that for ourselves and each other.

1. What wealth do I possess?
I posess everything my Heavenly Father gives me.
Because He is just, He justifies me.
Because He is faithful, He gives me a measure of faith.
Because He is righteous, He bestows His righteousness on me.
Because He is good, He gives me goodness.
Because He is kind, He gives me kindness.
Because He is Almighty, He imparts power.
He says that I can ask for whatever I want in His name and it shall be done.
The same name that every knee shall bow to in Heaven and earth is given to me to use.
(Not only do I have His name, I have the fellowship of the one who has given me His name.
His name is not to be used like a magic wand. His name is to be used because I am His and He has given me the authority that comes from being His child. My dad used to say to me as I walked out the door,"Remember who you are." Everywhere I went, I could say,"My dad is Abe Diffenbach," and people knew and respected that name. His name carried alot of weight. It got me places. ~A) Now, I have the name of Christ, and all authority in Heaven and earth has been given that name. What amazing wealth we have.

When we understand our wealth, then we are worth something.
God sees our end from our beginning.
He called Abram-"Abraham"-father of many, even when Abram and Sarah were barren.
He called Gideon-"Thou Mighty Man of Valor"-even as he hid, quivering in fear. He used Gideon to defeat the enemies of His children.
He called Simon, the fisherman-"The Rock"-and built His church on that impetuous, broken man.
What name has He called us?
He called us this name before He even washed us in His blood.

2.What is my worth?
My worth is based on what I give away. He has bestowed grace on me and I bestow grace on others. We are nothing if we hold everything to ourselves.
We have all this wealth in Christ. When we realize our wealth, we realize our worth, and we know we can give it away, because there is more where that came from.

3.What is our work?
Our work is to believe in Him whom God has sent.
And that is why we need the Holy Spirit to reveal to us that we have already been given wisdom, understanding, and knowledge in Him.
The disciples knew Jesus. They still didn't get it. They had to wait for the Holy Spirit to reveal to them what they already had. "The Holy Spirit will take what is mine and give it to you, " said Jesus. When they were filled with the Holy Spirit, they went out and spoke those things WHICH THEY ALREADY KNEW!!!
"We are going to turn our relationship with Christ into a religion unless the Holy Spirit fills us and we wake up and realize,"This is Who Jesus is! This is what He does!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I personally believe that this teaching is of vital importance to the health of the Body of Christ. Until we have a revelation of who we are and what we have in Christ, we will be sitting around, waiting for Him to show up. He has already given us everything we need for life and godliness in the knowledge of Him.

This morning I read about God's declaration over Jesus, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I delight." In Jesus' prayer recorded in John 17, He prayed.."That the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them." I've been basking in this today. Jesus prayed that He would be in me, and that the love which God loved Him would be in me. God's declaration over His Son was one of delight, and He declares the same over me, because His beloved Son is in me. We struggle so much with who we are when we should rest in who He is and how God delights in Him. Who am I? Does it matter? Who is Christ? That matters. And He is in me. The fullness of Him who fills all in all is in me.

No comments: