Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Susan's Big Day

On Monday, the 9th of March, I went out to Farmville and got my glasses fixed. I had broken the stem off right before leaving for church and had to scrounge around and find my old scratched up glasses. How nice it was to be able to see again and to get rid of that nagging headache. Lindsay, Adi, Emma, and I strolled for awhile on the Longwood campus. It's always hard to walk out of their front door after spending time with them. I got Michael some milk replacer for his calves, and did some banking with Ruthie. Phil and I snapped some green beans when I got home and then I got ready for Susan's Big Day.

I picked Susan up at school about 20 minutes early and we met Betty, Kelly, April, and Charity in the Peebles parking lot. We went out to the mall in Lynchburg. Susan's been waiting to turn twelve so she could get her ears pierced. We went to Claire's jewelry store and began to fill out paper work. I had to go back out to the car to get my ID. Betty said, "Isn't it interesting that they need our parental consent to get our children's ears pierced but we aren't permitted to know if our teenagers have been given 'the morning after' pill?"

Susan picked a pretty floral stud. I was more nervous than she was. The 'technician' prepared her stud gun and asked Susan if she should count or just do it. Susan said, "Just do it." She looked surprized after she was shot. She thought it would hurt more than it did. We picked out two more sets of earrings because we could get one set free that way. I picked out a set that has piano keys on a silver heart on one earring and a blue guitar on the other. She picked out a set with two red guitars. We saw Patsy in the mall and talked with her for awhile and later ran into Chris and Kelly, who are getting married this Saturday.

We ate Chinese, Japanese, and Chuckie Cheese in the Food Court. Then we shopped at various places. All four girls crammed into the little photo lab and took two sets of pictures. We topped the night off with an exciting visit to The Aquatic Warehouse. At one point, Betty and I found ourselves in the reptile section without the girls and we got out of there as fast as we could.

Susan had little sleep that night. She was trying to keep her hair away from her earrings and she couldn't sleep very well on her side. I think she is getting the hang of it now. The girls gave her gifts of frog earrings and other nice things. She just got her ears pierced and she already has 18 sets of earrings.

I was 35 when I got my ears pierced. Naomi made me do it. :) Susan says that she is going to get her daughter's ears pierced when she is a baby. My favorite thing about this whole ear piercing scenario is the fact that Susan has to keep her hair back from her face and away from her ears for six whole weeks. She looks adorable with her hair pulled back. I hope she will want to continue wearing it that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, Susan was woken up late by her mother, who had not changed all the clocks. She almost didn't take the time to check on her bunny rabbits. But, it's a good thing she did. Mother Bunny had eight new babies to care for. She had four white rabbits with brown spots, two completely white, and two brownish blackish ones. The first litter is going to Tractor Supply tonight. They are buying them for ten dollars a piece. The excitement of having the new babies will help ease the pain of losing the old babies. With rabbits, we'll always have babies around.

No comments: