Monday, March 16, 2009

You Were the Joy-Scene Three

John the Beloved-

"After Lazarus was raised to life, many Jewish leaders believed in Jesus. But the ones who did not believe, or rather refused to believe, became even more intent in plotting His death."

Pharisee #1- "What are we going to do, for this man certainly does
miracles."
Pharisee #2- "If we let Him alone, the whole nation will follow Him,
and then the Roman army will come and destroy us and take
over the Jewish government."

(John)-
"On the advice of Caiphas they decided it was better for one man to die, rather than the whole nation be destroyed, so they plotted to kill Jesus. Therefore, Jesus withdrew from His public ministry and stayed with His disciples in the little town of Ephraim."

Pharisee #1-(To audience)-"If any of you find out where Jesus is, report
to us immediately, so we may arrest Him."

(John)-
"As the time for the Jewish Passover drew near, many people wondered if Jesus would come. Six days before the Passover, Jesus arrived in Bethany. A banquet was given there in His honor."

"I still weep when I remember how tenderly Mary anointed His feet. He told us it was in preparation for His burial. Somehow, she knew what was in His heart, and she did her best to comfort Him and move Him on to face His pain."

Song-"Jesus, Lover of My Soul"

"Jesus,
Lover of my soul,
I cannot bear to look into Your eyes
For they tell me You are leaving,
They say that you are grieving,
Why must you say, 'Good-bye?'"

Chorus:

"So I'll anoint Your feet with the oil of sweet perfume
And I will dry the tears that are flowing down your cheeks.
I'll hold you in my heart even when You're gone.
I'll say 'Good-bye' before they bury You."

"Jesus,
Lover of my soul,
I long to stay forever at Your feet
To hear the truth that sets me free,
Your words of peace they quiet me.
Why must You say, 'Good-bye?'"

"Jesus,
Lover of my soul,
You love the world as much as You love me.
So, I'll turn Your face to Calvary.
I know they'll hang you on a tree,
But the time has come for me to say 'Good-bye'"

(Chorus)

No comments: