Thursday, October 16, 2008

11 Corinthian Treasures

11 Corinthians 7:1,9; 8:12, 21; 9:14; 10;17,18; 13:9,10~~~

Let us keep clear of anything that smirches body or soul~~I am glad I sent the letter, not because I want to hurt you but because it made you grieve for things that were wrong.~~After all, the important thing is to be willing to give as much as we can-that is what God accepts, and no one is asked to give what he has not got.~~(We need to be) absolutely above-board not only in the sight of God but in the eyes of men.~~(In regards to being faithful in giving )~~men will pray for you and feel drawn to you because you have obviously received a generous measure of the grace of God.~~He that glorieth let him glory in the Lord. It is not self-commendation that matters, it is winning the approval of the Lord.~~Our ambition for you is true Christian maturity. Hence the tone of this letter, so that when I do come I shall not be obliged to use that power of severity which God has given me~though even that is not meant to break you down but to build you up.~~

No comments: