Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 19th, 2008

Today was Pastor Appreciation Day. We have alot of wonderful pastors at our church. I am so thankful to be excited about going to church. I even enjoy going to the Business Meeting~never a dull moment. After church we hurried home and got ready for another Kenya Team gathering. We served rice and chicken curry again with various toppings. We roasted S'mores and hot dogs, too. The children had fun riding on the gator. Emma almost got ripped off my lap when the blanket I had her wrapped in got caught in the wheel and got rapidly pulled off her body. Later, her nerves were tested when I sat her in the driver's seat to open the gate, and Daisy, our long-horned cow, came up to investigate the dear little blonde head. Lindsay, her mama, was sleeping in our bed with her baby during all this and I told Amy that I was glad that Emma couldn't talk too much. Of course, I ended up confessing all of Emma's adventures to her later. Jr. entertained us with stories of his daily escapades on badly scaring people . He obviously wants to help people triumph over their worst fears. I told him that he should write a book called, "My Adventures of Scaring People." I asked Lindsay if she would buy a book like that and she said no. But she did say that she would read it in a blog. Some of the rest of the team has gone on serious antibiotics and are starting to feel better. Sara helped me clean up everything and Ernie helped Phil feed the cows. I sent them on their way with cups of hot chocolate. It was a cold and windy day; but the sun, fire, laughter, and friendships helped keep us warm. I wouldn't mind being with these folks every Sunday afternoon.

Chicken Curry Recipe:

12 T. butter
1 cup onion
6 tsp. curry
Saute until onions are soft.

Blend in 12 T. flour
3 tsp. salt
3 tsp. sugar

Cook until smooth and bubbly.

Remove from heat and whisk in: 4 cups chicken broth
4 cups milk

Boil 1 minute.
Add 8 cups chicken and 1 tsp. lemon juice
Serve over rice.
Sprinkle on toppings: Diced dill pickles, diced hard boiled eggs, chopped peanuts, celery, onions, raisins, pineapple chunks, shredded carrots, bananas, and anything else your heart desires.

I cook two chickens for this recipe and use the broth for the curry and the rice. Enjoy! This is a recipe my mother gave me that she got from friends who were missionaries in Africa.

No comments: