Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ready for School

Yesterday, Susan and I went over to the new school building and set up my music room. The halls were crowded with boxes and teacher's belongings and I doubted whether we would have school today. I was amazed at the transformation. After several hours, the maps were on the walls, the book nooks were set up, the carpets and desks were in place. I wanted to be back in Kindergarten and First grade again. Those rooms and their teachers were so inviting.

The students that were there helping their parents set up came in and out of the music room. They were playing the piano and singing. One student was telling me about the new guitar he wants to buy after he sells his horse. He is a boy whose name you will hear someday. He makes beautiful music with his voice and guitar.

One third grade boy came up to me. He has brown hair, a brown tan, and liquid brown eyes. He said," Now we can dance." "That's right, Sam, " I said. "Now we can dance."

We couldn't dance in the other building without causing lights and brains to flicker on the floor below us.

But now, we can dance.
And we'll dance, Sam, we'll dance.

No comments: