Monday, October 13, 2008

Friendship Quotes

A dear friend gave me a book on friendship yesterday. I will be sharing quotes from it from time to time.

People are like islands. Sometimes you have to row around them to know where to land. Lloyd. J. Ogilvie

A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil~but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents every so often~just to save it from drying out. Pam Brown

To have you know my weakness is a hard thing. To have you know my weaknesses and still love me is a great thing. Jeanne Sheridan

But remember this, when we make the biggest fools of ourselves that is precisely the time when we need friends, and when they stick to us the tightest, if they are worthwhile. Gene Stratton-Porter

True friends visit us in prosperity only when invited, but in adversity they come without invitation. Theophrastus

Quotes taken from "I Found a Friend in You"

No comments: