Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Little Chapel

Phil and I went to the shore and also to Blue Mountain Christian Retreat for our honeymoon. I made our food ahead of time and Phil gained 20 pounds in two weeks. He was so used to working hard at milking cows and he wasn't used to relaxing. Anyway, there was a beautiful little chapel in the woods at the retreat. We went there quite a bit, and prayed, and waited to hear from God. We decided that when we moved to our "permanent" place, we would build a little chapel in the woods. For our 21st anniversary, Phil offered me a diamond or a Gator. I already had a beautiful diamond he had given me several years earlier. He had bought the only perfect one in the store because he thought I was perfect. His words, not mine.
I've been loving that Gator. On our 25th anniversary, he took me on a little drive on that Gator. He showed me a place on the farm and told me that he wanted to build me a chapel there. I had forgotten all about our plans to do just that. And so, he built me a little cottage on the base of a small hill. It overlooks the fields that lead to the river. He built a porch with a railing on it and the boys plan on using that area as a treestand. We'll see about that. It's not quite finished. The cows were curious as to what was going on and broke into my little home and desecrated the floors. They ate the insulation that was stacked inside and the plastic pink wrapper was strewn all over the pasture. I paid Susan $5.00 to clean up the cottage floor.

Next week, a friend is coming to use my little chapel-cottage-tree stand-sugar shack. I am going to put a table in there and a chair and cover them with pretty white table cloths. I am going to put some candles and kleenex and a writing tablet and pen on the table. I am going to take some straw bales and form a little altar with them. I went to Salvation Army and bought a white duvet comforter to cushion the stray bales. I have several sweet paintings of flowers the I bought at a thrift store. I will put out a lawn chair on the porch. I am getting it ready for her to meet Jesus in there. I feel like He can hardly wait.

No comments: