Monday, September 29, 2008

An accusing finger

Quote by Mow~
"The farther along we are in spiritual growth, the more subtle the temptation grows to condemn ourselves. ~ But Christ says, "You are growing. That is the reason you see more things in your life that are not perfect..." ~ The very fact that we can see our failures and shortcomings is evidence that we are in His Presence which is light.~ An accusing finger is never our LORD's finger."

I remember this quote on our bulletin board at home that my mother had written on my dad's new shirt cardboard.~I think C.S. Lewis said it. " It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us."

Another quote along this line, by Hannah W. Smith~"Christians often make the mistake of looking upon temptation as sin. This brings them into condemnation and discouragement and, if continued in, always ends at last in actual sin. Sin makes an easy prey of a discouraged soul, so that we fall often from the very fear of having fallen."(Christian's Secret of a Happy Life)

Another favorite quote from a man I love~"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

No comments: