Monday, September 29, 2008

Waiting

I am waiting for Phil to come home from Kenya. He will fly out of Nairobi tonight around 11 and arrive in Heathrow around 6 in the morning. He will hopefully meet Aunt Myrt in London. He will fly from Heathrow around 1:00 in the afternoon and arrive at the U.S. airport around 4 something. Then, they will drive 3 hours and come home. Today, I have tried to clean a little. I have tried to cook a little. I have done some exercizing and studying. But mostly, I have written. I can't stop writing today. Waiting and writing. Writing and waiting.

Amy said she talked with Jr. one day while he was in Africa. He said that he was bringing a child home with him. He said,"You would love it." She asked,"The child or the place?" Jr. said, "Both."

I think I am waiting to see. Waiting to see how life will change. How can life ever be normal again? What really is important? I am waiting to be held. I am waiting for his cheerfulness. I am waiting to sleep again. I am waiting for his voice. I am waiting for the dogs to not be so jumpy and barky.

I think there have been many times that he has said,"I wish Ann~~~ could see this. " He has probably said this in his morning and my night. Many times, I have woken up and could not get back to sleep. And I wonder what he wants me to see and what reason his soul has cried out to mine. I wonder what I have missed. I am waiting to listen. I am waiting to know.

No comments: