Thursday, September 11, 2008

One Day

On Tuesday, I went to the chiropractor. Dr. Matt came in the room. He seemed heavy-hearted or just under the weather. He didn't talk much. He was kind and took good care of me. I was thankful that he could be consistent even when he wasn't feeling well. Kindness costs more when one is heavy-hearted or sick.

I went to Walmart after that. I ran into Kathryn. Kathryn is always beautiful. She wears the right colors and jewelry. Kathryn is a gentle evangelist. She hands out little cards that have verses on them. She said that people that work there come up to her and ask her for a card. Sometimes they cry and say that the words were exactly what they needed. No need for a big sermon. Just a little card. I think people love to read the words of hope but I also think that they cherish the fact that someone cares enough to give them a little something without asking for anything in return.

Then I went to see Judy-Blue-eyes. Sammy Jo was there and I really went to hold her. I gave her a bottle and she made little meowing noises while she slurped. She's a month old and weighs 6 pounds and she looks like she could be mine. Judy gave me a wonderful lunch of salad and homemade orange cake. We took turns holding Sammy Jo the whole time. I noticed how beautiful Judy's hands looked as she held Sammy Jo.
Sammy Jo snuggled right into my bosom and I could barely leave when it was time to go. I rested on the sofa so she could lay on top of me. I just wanted to sleep with her in my arms. If I feel this way about her, how must Grandma Judy feel? How must God feel about Sammy Jo?

No comments: