Monday, September 15, 2008

Grossed Out

In church yesterday, Pastor Frank had a free moment, and he picked up Adison and held her as if he had won First Place in some sort of contest. Almost immediately, she dropped her pacifier. After several failed attempts of communication, he finally got Pastor Alvin to pick it up and give it to him. He handed it back to me and just as Mr. Monk, my favorite TV character would have done, he said,"A wipe."

No mother worth her salt, is going to wipe off a baby's nippy with alcohol and perfume. So, I did what any normal mother would have done. I stuck it in my mouth and with one quick swipe, it was clean from any kind of church germs. I plopped it back in her mouth and she was happy. Pastor Frank had a strange look on his face. I said, "It's what her mother would have done."

I told Phil about it on the way home, and you know what? He got the same grossed out uncertain look on his face that Pastor Frank had gotten. Phil said,"I didn't need to know that." I keep hoping that maybe Pastor Frank didn't really see what I did and that he was just trying to figure out how I had cleaned it so quickly. One can always hope.

No comments: