Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mother's Journal Gems

I was wishing for some of the spiritual significance of Song of Solomon that had so thrilled me many years ago. And this: S of Sol.8:5 Who is this coming up from the wilderness leaning on her beloved? spoke to me of what happens or should, during those dark, feeling lost times of our lives. We lean on Him and He brings us up out of them! v.7A Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it. Nothing shall separate us from the love of God, for we are encompassed by it . V 3. His left hand is under my head, and His right hand embraces me.

I was feeling harassed again by food and these verses spoke to me-Deut. 14:23,26-You shall eat before the Lord your God. If I could just see myself doing that, I'm sure there would be no over indulgence. Eating is to be a pleasure-v.26-and you shall rejoice. Over-eating never is. Eating what is not for nourishment is not.~Come and eat and be satisfied, that the Lord may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do. To stop eating when satisfied is the key to good health and the strength needed for an active life that God can bless.I

No comments: